Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

New to LOTRO

Hmmm... thinking here ... is any of the races more preferred then you run in a "fellowship"? (think thats the name of a group)

Since those plus and minus don't say me much at the moment .... the only thing I understood was that Humans gets selfhealing that heals 3000 ... but can just use it 1/hour .... but how much "morale" do you have at the end of the game .... when you got this skill ... thinking if you have 20000 well then it's not a so great buff ... but if you have 5000 then it's value is much higher ...

but my question is ... is any of those two races more preferred in a fellowship? or it's just the class that really make people choose you or not?

Its the class what is the priority.
-- retired hunter --

Well, elves are gay.
"Cattle die,
kinsmen die,
likewise, you will die;
but the name
will never die,
of one who has done well.

Cattle die,
kinsmen die,
likewise, you will die;
one I know
that never dies:
the fame of each one dead."
(Hávamál)

And the most morale I've seen some lvl 50 have, without any buffs, was ~4000 .
"Cattle die,
kinsmen die,
likewise, you will die;
but the name
will never die,
of one who has done well.

Cattle die,
kinsmen die,
likewise, you will die;
one I know
that never dies:
the fame of each one dead."
(Hávamál)

I would not say anyone is excluded for being a member of any particular race as it has so little bearing on co-ordination within a team environment. In the "looking for fellowship" channel, you will always see things like "going to dungeon X 5/6 need minstrel" or "going to dungeon X 5/6 just need guardian" You will never see "going to dungeon X 5/6 need ELF minstrel"    ;D

Most decisions like that come from your class, of course, every group wants a tank, and every group wants a minstrel.

The holy trinity of all roleplaying online games, healer tank and dps.

However in Lotro, its possible to move away from that. In some of the endgame instances its possible to have enough crowd control that usually the entire group of 6 is only beating on one monster. However this requires a skilled group to achieve.

Dont expect it in a pick up group.

My advice to you in terms of picking a class, is pick the one that serves YOU best, because you are going to be the one playing it. You need to enjoy the experience, and picking a class to please someone elses requirements means the game might be less enjoyable for you.

If you are still undecided, it takes very little time to go through the starter instances and some of the starter quests in the starter area after that. It might be an idea to play some for the different classes you like the sound of, say up to level 10. It will give you a feel for how each class plays even if it doesnt give all the class defining skills so low.

Or If it seems you like Loremaster best then go for it.
Captain QQ Moore, of the USS Lrn2play.

have go it in my hand now Smile and started to install but it's alot of patching that needs to be done here ... so I have to see when it will get ready ...

but it gives me good time to read the manual Wink

to get back on Phae, its not entirely true what you sayd about go to lvl 10 and see then.

For me the Lore-Master class was verry disapointing the first 15 levels, once i reached level 16 i really started enjoying the LM class for what it is.\

same goes for captain i think!
[Image: Duro+NL.png]

One question here ...

Whats a founders pass code?

I'm just wondering if it's maybe something that I get from somebody ... and they get 30 days free play time ... or something like that ... I did read about something like that on the American site ... and guess what I have been fighting with this evening ... get to my account started up ... on the american site ... I thought it was same on the Aerican and europe ... but it's two diffrent providers ... I did notice Sad after a few hours struggle here ...

(04 Oct, 07, 19:56)Andoze link Wrote: One question here ...

Whats a founders pass code?

I'm just wondering if it's maybe something that I get from somebody ... and they get 30 days free play time ... or something like that ... I did read about something like that on the American site ... and guess what I have been fighting with this evening ... get to my account started up ... on the american site ... I thought it was same on the Aerican and europe ... but it's two diffrent providers ... I did notice Sad after a few hours struggle here ...

A founder's key is a code that you get if you happened to have pre-ordered the game before release (or maybe if you bought it within a month or so of release - not sure which).  In any case, I'm afraid you now won't qualify for one.  It basically entitled the holder to a few special rates on the subscription side of things - either a discounted 6 month membership, or a lifetime subscription for ?150 (maybe ?100?).  I took a lifetime subscription myself, but I believe without a founder's code it's a monthly subscription or nothing.  Oh, and you get a fancy cloak with each new character you create too, that is obsolete by about level 20, but looks quite nice.

Okay thanks Smile

Just wanted to make sure ... other wise I could made somebody happy here Smile

But I will be in the game in a few min (I hope)