Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

New to LOTRO

Greetings People!

I will soon get my LOTRO (did order it a few days ago)

I have a few quests here ... what class are most needed? ... since I'm a old WOW player for many years back and feel its' time for something new ... so thats why I wonder whats most needed in this guild.

I did think about a Human Loremaster (think it's the right name on the class) or a Hobbit burglar, but I'm up for any class and race ... for me it's more important to be a something good to the guild. I'm very often is told that I think to much on other people then about myself ... but what I wanted to know is those Loremasters any good? wanted in this world?
Have read a couple of posts from Loremaster that say they feel not wanted at some level ... and I wonder if it's like that ... that they are not so good in this game.

but now back to my basic question ... what needed in the guild at the moment and in the future... I did read that in was just guardians that had their ranks full...

(as you understand I have never played or seen LOTRO but will soon hopefully tonight or maybe first tomorrow)
(Little info about me ... male from Sweden 38 years old and been into RPG since I was 16)

If you post a reply here, and I can contact you in game ... please post your ingame name to so I can talk to you then I get's online

Will post a real post then I'm online and have my online name and class  Smile

Thanks for the word

Hi, Andoze.
If you're interested in joining the Kinship, you need to post a bit more information about yourself (see other applications), after which you'll be contacted in-game by Methrendomir or one of our officers. In my view (others may disagree), what we could really do with is more Minstrels...

Kairos

Okay ... is any race better then other as Mistrals?

or it's very small diffrens?

And I will post more then I have created a char in the Game ... at the moment I'm waiting for the shippment of my game.

any other classes thats more wanted ... and prof I'm thinking about the cooking and stuff like that ... are there any of them that have a higher demand?

Hi there,

Both burglar and lore master are excellent classes, the burglar deals with debuffing mobs and hindering their attacks or making them more vulnerable to damage, its really fun to play, (I am one) you also get to initiate fellowship manouvers, which are extremelty damaging attacks that the whole group participates in.

The loremaster deals with crowd control, has decent damage output and gets pets.

The minstrel deals with healing and keeping people alive and buffing to some extent.

Good luck in your application and your choice of character.
Captain QQ Moore, of the USS Lrn2play.

Im playing a Dwarf Minstrel and i dont think there is a big difference between the races.

Pick something you wanna play.

Im also swede. Cant be to many swedes or dwarfs. hehe.

( Dv?rgar  ?r ju aldrig fel val Smile , undrar du n?got s? kan du kontakta mig. )
Main.  Dergirn, son of Kemli.    -   Minstrel and elf lover
Livet ?r en fest, s?tt dig och ta en sup.

One question I did get now then I was sitting here and thinking about the mistral ...

from WoW I have played holy priest and they could hardly do much on their one ... well everything did take 3 times longer time since they did have so low damage output ... is it the same for the mistrels? or they still have okay damage dealing?

Since my experiance of healing classes is that they need more help from other people to be able to advance in a decent speed, is it the same in this game?

Sure you can Solo with a Minstrel, but .... it takes longer time.

The damage output is okey.
But its easy to get a group when being a minstrel.

Main.  Dergirn, son of Kemli.    -   Minstrel and elf lover
Livet ?r en fest, s?tt dig och ta en sup.

Yes, soloing a Minstrel has got to take longer. On the other hand, the average waiting time for a Minstrel looking for a fellowship is probably 0.25 nanoseconds, while a really competent Minstrel can virtually write his or her ticket. I've also quested with experienced Minstrels who turned out to be extremely competent leaders and tacticians.

BTW, I'm a Hunter, so I'm not betraying any prejudice here...

Kairos

well we could really use Lore Masters, but you got to be sure you want to be one.

Its not the easyest Class in game, but at the end it all pays back.

This i posted some time ago, read it if you want to become a LM:
Quote:The Loremaster is a complex class with a lot of variety. Officialy, we're the main crowd control and debuffer class of the game. My experience so far has been that our damage is midrange, but using our wits and skills to full effect we can handle amazingly difficult encounters.

Our main damage spell is Burning Embers, a direct damage spell with a cast time and a decent dot component. This can be cast every couple of seconds. We also have several AOE spells with great damage output, but longer cooldowns. Yes, we also carry a big staff. With the right traits we can hit pretty hard with it too.

Loremasters also get a pet. They can choose between a raven and a bear. Both pets have about the same health and damage output, but they have different secondary abilities. The raven has some debuffs and the bear has a short duration forced taunt (with a long cooldown). Both pets can be improved with traits, but they die pretty easily. They are not meatshields and will not hold agro for an extended period of time.

Fortunately Loremasters can also heal. They have a moderate heal with a 30second cooldown. They can use this heal on anyone but themselves, and to use it costs a small portion of the Loremaster's own health. Later they also get some self heals - a huge instant heal on a 10min timer, and a small and slowly channeled heal that basicaly works like food on a 5min timer.

What Loremasters are really popular for in groups though is not their supplemental healing. We have the best crowd control in the game. Blinding flash completely stuns nearly any mob (not undead) for 30 seconds. Unlike polymorph, they do NOT recover health during this time, but any damage will wake them. This can be cast over and over in combat. We also get an AoE root that holds several enemies in place for a fairly long time, but can break on damage.

Another usefull ability of loremasters in groups is their ability to prevent damage to the group. We have AOE debuffs that reduce melee damage by 30% and ranged damage by 50%. We also have a single target debuff that stacks with our other debuffs and reduces damage by another 20%. 50% damage mitigation to the group is pretty nice in my opinion.

One ability of loremasters that makes a major difference on things like boss fights is our ability to drain an enemy's power down to nothing in seconds. This prevents mobs from using nearly all of their nasty special abilities. Draining this power increases our own power, and we can also transfer our own power to another party member, such as the healer.

As far as stats go, loremasters benefit most from Fate, vitality and wisdom.

So in a nutshell, that's the loremaster. We do moderate dps, and we can't take much damage, but that's not really our role. Our job is to make that nasty barrow wight elite hit like a hobbit sissy girl and to make his friends sit the fight out for a while and ponder the meaning of life. Meanwhile, we can stand back and set stuff on fire and look good doing it .
[Image: Duro+NL.png]

Hi Again

I have read it now and I most say Lore Master sounds like something I really like ... Since it sounds like he have alot to do in combat ... that means I will not fall asleep in the combat Wink (what I mean is that I like to have alot of options and tricks in my pockets for my enemies)

One question I did read that his crowd control thing don't work on the undeads ... are there alot of undeads in the game?
if so ... do people still take the LoreMaster into the groups?

just don't want to get stuck middle of the game because that area is just undeads and nobody wanted to help from a Loremaster.

for me it feels like the mistral would be the easy road ... but Loremaster sounds more like a challange for me .... but I could be wrong.