Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

New to LOTRO

Well to give a example, Epic Book 2 (these are the main story quests) most of the quests in book 2 involve Undead.
Luckely we also have Gust of Wind an AoE spell that does work on undead, Blinding flash is not working on undead.

I do have some difficulty's finding a fellowship to do the quests, but luckely i am in The Western Alliane.
And evry body is always happy to help out.

If you decide to take on the Lore-Master, i would happy to invite you for a recruitment chat.
And i can even help you get on your way as a starting Lore-Master.
[Image: Duro+NL.png]

Greetings Aegoros

That sounds great!

I think i will head for a human Lore Master I have been thinking about be a Historian to that ... is that a good choose? (just notice that then will be weaponsmith without be a prospector... will this be a major problem for me? (or I will have to start an alt to gather ore for my weaponsmithing) or people trade things around in the guild? since I notice that I will be a Farmer as Historian but I can't cook ... so it feels like I get a bit stuck there but it's maybe not any major problems?
Maybe I think to much about those things at the moment ... just that I don't want to make to many wrong turns from start and later on feel that I have to start all over again ...

an other question I have in the game ... those talents point that you get as you level up are they like diablo2 when you can never change if you would but them out wrong? or it's like in WoW that you have to pay money on it to get those points reset?

I know I have tons of questions ... but it's just that I want to be able to start out well from start and not need to restart over with a new char because of some wrong chooses that I made then i started my char.

(This post was last modified: 03 Oct, 07, 12:55 by Shrindrae.)

When you get the game first of all from your mail... its good to read the Manual before even going to play the game, i did it and it helped much

This is also very good site: http://lorebook.lotro.com/
-- retired hunter --

Well, to give you a hint.

What comes for attributes, you can't change them. They apply on your character when you levelup on a certain pattern which is, at least I think it is, class and race concentrated. But it doesn't really matter as you can modify them with the gear you wear.

And what comes to "talents" ... LOTRO has virtues, that come from completing "deeds" around the world. There's also class, race and epic traits, which work the same as virtues. Only that with virtues you have 1-10 levels on them which you're able to achieve and with levels, the virtues grow stronger, thus, you too.... with alot of work, but still... And there's alot of virtues.

I've also played wow and I like the character system in LOTRO much more than in wow.
"Cattle die,
kinsmen die,
likewise, you will die;
but the name
will never die,
of one who has done well.

Cattle die,
kinsmen die,
likewise, you will die;
one I know
that never dies:
the fame of each one dead."
(Hávamál)

And changing virtues doesn't cost much.

You need to talk to a bard if you want to change your virtues, who'll make a "new song", sort of idea I have about it, about you that will tell about your virtues and special skills Smile
"Cattle die,
kinsmen die,
likewise, you will die;
but the name
will never die,
of one who has done well.

Cattle die,
kinsmen die,
likewise, you will die;
one I know
that never dies:
the fame of each one dead."
(Hávamál)

@ Andoze, im an historian to, altough i only concentrate on scholar for makeing Dye's.

You can also do Weaponsmith, people in the kin can often offerr you resources you need.
Sometimes for free, and sometimes for a cheap fee.

You can ofcourse like you suggested get a alt, i got an alt to make nice robes and cloacks for my LM Smile

When you first enter the game (that is after the starters area! for humans when you enter combe!) , try and contact me Wink we will have a good chat abouth your future in TWA.
I hope all this information helps....
[Image: Duro+NL.png]

Okay thanks for the Advice ... Smile

Now I know that I will have to spend first evening reading the manual, but I think I will sneak in and check out how it looks *Smiles*

but I will take up the advice about reading the manual ... so I will not bother you guys tomuch with all those simple questions that can be found in the book.

and now I know that it's not that big deal about those "deeds" because if I would make a "misstake" there I can fix it.

It's just that I prefer to play one char ... before if I starts to play alts ... I tend to start to loss the feeling for the char's and it become more something else... like play some shot em up games... thats one of the reson I left WoW to many char nowdays and lost the feeling for it ... so I want to try to stay away from those problems here.

Hope I get the game in the mailbox today... so I can get started ... and I will read the manual first (atleast so I know the basic of the game)

Hope to see you all tonight

I took historian when I started, and it was a very hard grind to get weaponsmithing up without being able to prospect.

However they added a way for weaponsmiths to skill up requiring the products of farming, (straw)

Scholar was very easy to get up, and farming you can do in your sleep.

I am now a grand master in all three professions, and receive a reasonable source of income.

The only other profession I would take is Explorer so you can gather all the resources you need.

The kin now seems to have grand master crafters in all crafts so rather than have to do the grind yourself to master something, you could just gather the raw resources required, and sell them, or hand them to a grand master to get them crafted into something you want.
Captain QQ Moore, of the USS Lrn2play.

Don't forget the most under-played class in the game (Captains).  I'm totally biased of course, but I love my Captain - he's a great all-rounder, he can buff, heal, tank (never as well as minstrels or guardinas, mind) and has some amazing anti-wipe abilities that can bring a fellowship back from the brink of a wipe.  Also, later on he can instantly summon people from anywhe in the world to himself (with their permission).

Also very few Captains compared to other classes, so your items will be cheaper, less people will be rolling on them, and you'll often be most welcome in a group (although not as welcome as a minstrel in a group with none).

Just got home ... and still no game in my mail today ... so I have to read that link one person here did offer me to read.

Hmm... Captain ... to me, he sounds like a "Paladin" in WoW since they can tank and heal ... but not great ... but their damge they did deal at high level where horrible low and then i did play on there I did get really borred about him at level 70 ... but on the other hand this is a totaly diffrent game ... so please give me hints here about the diffrent classes that you guys need here ... and I will listen and pick the one that feels most intresting.