Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Poll: Which will be your prefered raiding option for Ost Dunhoth?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I will be joining the kinship's hard-core raiding group.
63.89%
23 63.89%
I will be joining the kinship's casual raiding group.
8.33%
3 8.33%
I won't join any group, but might sign up to either now and again.
27.78%
10 27.78%
I have no interest in raiding Ost Dunhoth with the kinship.
0%
0 0%
Total 36 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Survey: What is your interest in the new raid?

I hope I didn't give the impression that I think there is one way to setup each character. Far from it. I firmly believe that each player can work out what gear is best for them in the role they have and for their playing style.

My point was merely that some of the sets (whos skill bonus are really good and worth much more then the stats) would be worth using in the new stuff.
But most of them you cant get on your own. And very hard to get in pugs.

So I was wondering if a joint effort was a good idea.

I like the attitude in the twa. I don't want that to change.

Hmmm... Looking at the voting to date, I hope it didn't sound as though the so-called "casual" group (we could call it something else if people prefer) is meant to be a second-best option, or that we will simply let it sink or swim. The idea is simply to form a group which might prefer a slightly more relaxed approach to the raid than the hardcore group; there was no suggestion that those taking part should be regarded as somehow inferior in ability. Once set up, it would count as a second official kinship raid and be advertised, managed and treated as such.

At the risk of sounding officious or pedantic I think the terms used aren't perhaps the best, or indeed in keeping with the ethos of TWA Kairos. For starters 'hardcore' conjures up an image that frankly I would hate to see this kin ever even approximate and 'casual' does make the other group sound ... well a bit of a dolly mixture group if I'm being blunt.

As I understand it one group will be running the new raid consistently twice each week. That group will strive to use pretty much the same group of members each week so as to maintain consistency and improve our chances of figuring out and completing the raid. Note that I didn't say that it would be the same 12 people going each week. If we had a group of say 18 or so then we would be varying the raid make-up slightly each week, but from the same core group of players.

The other group would be for those who still want to do the new raid, but who are perhaps not able, or unwilling, to commit to going every single week. This would still be an official kinship raid, it would be in no way secondary or subordinate to the other raid. I think there might also be an expectation that this group would only tackle tier 1, but really that is up to the group on the night, there is nothing stopping them from also trying tier 2.

Please correct me if any of the above is incorrect.

I agree completely belegwe.

Couldn't we just name the two groups after the in game terminology?
The tier 1 and the tier 2 raids?

Well, being one of the first to name the baby 'casual group' I not only take no offence but still think it to be a fitting term. One might argue about the attribute 'hardcore' though. Then again, 'hardcore' does not necessarily mean it's superior to 'casual'. It bears a negative meaning for me in a sense that I would imagine a bunch of dead-serious, teeth-gritting no-lifers  :wave1:  Wink . It's a perspective-thing, I guess. At the end of the day, I'm less then concerned about the name.
It's all simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain!

Nal on Lotro.com

(09 Mar, 11, 15:57)Belegwe link Wrote: At the risk of sounding officious or pedantic I think the terms used aren't perhaps the best, or indeed in keeping with the ethos of TWA Kairos. For starters 'hardcore' conjures up an image that frankly I would hate to see this kin ever even approximate and 'casual' does make the other group sound ... well a bit of a dolly mixture group if I'm being blunt.

At the risk of sounding pedantic, "hardcore" and "casual" were the terms we finally fixed upon, if without much enthusiasm, at last night's officer meeting. As far as I'm concerned, they can be known as "Abel" and "Baker", "Mickey" and "Minnie" or "X100" and "Z100". Or even "this one" and "that one"; I don't really give a flying.

I don't think the choice of name is all that important, don't misunderstand me, but the point I was making is that the terms used might be influencing how people vote in this poll. That's all I was meaning.

If voting continues like this you might even be looking at running 2 raids at the same time - especially at the beginning when the content is fresh and everyone is willing to commit.

On a side note, I very much like and fully support Bele's comment that the 'hard core' raiding group does not mean the same 12 people running the content every week.
[Image: signature.png]

to be completely honest, voting in this part is nothing but a feedback towards the raid leaders about the range of people to choose from.

even if we would only launch one raiding group with 25 people, it wouldnt guarantee anything (just check yesterday's kertuffle, how many resigns was it? nine??) on the other hand we might end up with 10 people available and being bumped, like we once or twice had in BG.

plus, we all must kind of have an idea about how we could work within non-forgiving conditions, as we all know the new raid wont be a sightseeing tour on tier 2.

anyway, its always up to the raid leader to define the group that enters the instance that day.

(09 Mar, 11, 16:50)Makolas link Wrote: On a side note, I very much like and fully support Bele's comment that the 'hard core' raiding group does not mean the same 12 people running the content every week.

It's practicality more than anything. I very much doubt we will always have the exact same 12 people coming every week. As Kairos pointed out real life commitments etc will undoubtedly get in the way from time to time meaning that we will almost certainly have a slightly different group make-up each week. Just as is the case at the moment for the Lt fight.