Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Poll: Which will be your prefered raiding option for Ost Dunhoth?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I will be joining the kinship's hard-core raiding group.
63.89%
23 63.89%
I will be joining the kinship's casual raiding group.
8.33%
3 8.33%
I won't join any group, but might sign up to either now and again.
27.78%
10 27.78%
I have no interest in raiding Ost Dunhoth with the kinship.
0%
0 0%
Total 36 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Survey: What is your interest in the new raid?

It now looks as though upgrade 2 should be with us by early or mid-April at the very latest, and with it the new 12-man raid at Ost Dunhoth. This is a preliminary survey to see how the membership feels about this raid; we will make more concrete plans based on the results of the poll, so if you have any interest in raiding at all, please make your views known.

We will definitely be running one regular bi-weekly kinship raid, as usual on Mondays and Thursdays, and a new raiding group will be started up for it. This group will attempt the raid at tier 2, and will be known as the "hard-core" group; if you vote for option 1 in the poll, and sign up for this group, you will be expected to take part in at least one raid per week.

For those who cannot commit to the hard-core group, who prefer a more relaxed approach and who perhaps want to propose different days and times, we hope to launch a "casual" group. If enough people sign up for this to make it viable, it will be up to the members of the group to decide on when and how they want to proceed, including which tier of the raid to tackle.

Option 3 is for those who don't really care to commit to either group, but would still like to take a crack at the raid now and again - though in that case, they will of course have lower priority in signing up than declared members of the group.

This might be the wrong place to ask. But Smile

When the new raid hits we will be busy with that. And from what we have heard it's gonna be hard on tier 2. This is good. But it's also means we need people to be prepared and geared out.
And since radiance is leaving we now suddently have choices about what armour sets to wear.
There must be other people like me missing pieces of sets because the radiance made it the most important stat for raiding.
Would it be an idea to make a listing of the hardcore raiders and which sets they think will be best for the new raid (for them) and which pieces they might be missing?
Then we might be able to make an joint effort to get those done?

Regards
Be

(This post was last modified: 09 Mar, 11, 11:38 by Menliros.)

I will be able to commit to being available once a week, but certainly not more. I can imagine that in order to crack the raid you're going to want to keep the "hard core" group as stable as possible, and hence give priority to people who can come both days. I don't mind dropping to the casual group in that case.

*Edit*
Since radiance will be gone then I can also bring my minstrel into the raiding group. Been equipping him for the no-rad era. Bea's idea to see what we need and prepare is a good idea imho.
[Kinship] Illthir: that was name on name on fail
[Kinship] Yorkston: im more confused the more you type

DN set for minstrel is superior, nothing gets even close to the gains of that set.

DN also would work for most of the classes, for example i kinda take 2 sets to BG if im on LRM. but the general power saving bonus works for burg and warden too.

4 BG is nice for warden and the set is good for burg, but cant see a good reason to collect it on most of the other classes tbh.

wonder how many dust off the old moria armor and shelf the BG one if the raid kicks in.

(09 Mar, 11, 11:35)Menliros link Wrote: I can imagine that in order to crack the raid you're going to want to keep the "hard core" group as stable as possible, and hence give priority to people who can come both days.

Yes and no... You certainly can't plan on a steady group of 12, what with RL problems, wives, girlfriends and other interruptions; if after a month or so we can count on a core group of say 18, I'll be happy. If you can definitely commit to being available once a week, I would probably suggest signing up with both groups, and seeing where there's an available slot.

(09 Mar, 11, 11:33)Bealeth link Wrote: Would it be an idea to make a listing of the hardcore raiders and which sets they think will be best for the new raid (for them) and which pieces they might be missing?

If you go to Kinship members/Statistics and then scroll to the bottom of the page, you can click on all eight options and admire an awesome table showing every single piece of armour every active player has won from Moria to Barad Guldur. Just another service courtesy of SuperIngaras[sup]TM[/sup] (but you have to update yourself, easily done with the "edit" function). There will probably be an equivalent but separate page for the three sets of Ost Dunhoth armour.

(09 Mar, 11, 11:33)Bealeth link Wrote: This might be the wrong place to ask. But Smile

When the new raid hits we will be busy with that. And from what we have heard it's gonna be hard on tier 2. This is good. But it's also means we need people to be prepared and geared out.
And since radiance is leaving we now suddently have choices about what armour sets to wear.
There must be other people like me missing pieces of sets because the radiance made it the most important stat for raiding.
Would it be an idea to make a listing of the hardcore raiders and which sets they think will be best for the new raid (for them) and which pieces they might be missing?
Then we might be able to make an joint effort to get those done?

Regards
Be

Absolutly best armour for minnie for now is Hele set - stats + rise of output healing. At least imo.
For burg BG or DN w. Depensd from power usage, and dps needed in new raid.
[thesilverblades] Boindul: 'crap this RK class quest seems difficult o.O'
[thesilverblades] Ninetoes: 'what is it? find a way to fit in middle-earth?
now we have lotro blogs - yey! http://my.lotro.com/user-1332041/
Paper is balanced, nerf Rock. ~Scissors

Clodvig aka Gifford // Gifford aka Clodvig

(09 Mar, 11, 12:26)Kairos link Wrote: what with RL problems, wives, girlfriends and other interruptions

Love how you list all of them in one go without taking a breath.  ;D
It's all simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain!

Nal on Lotro.com

(This post was last modified: 09 Mar, 11, 13:36 by Ingaras.)

(09 Mar, 11, 12:59)Clifford link Wrote: Absolutly best armour for minnie for now is Hele set - stats + rise of output healing. At least imo.
For burg BG or DN w. Depensd from power usage, and dps needed in new raid.

Haven't really figured out all sets yet, but if that's the case, moar Helegrod plz, otherwise 2 Platinum Coins of Spirit would help Indo to a full Watcher set.

Besides that, Indo has a soon-to-be utterly useless 5/6 BG... Ingaras still got full Watcher, which isn't bad at all, and my Champion is 4/6 on a rather decent BG set, would love a 5th piece there.

(09 Mar, 11, 12:33)Kairos link Wrote: If you go to Kinship members/Statistics and then scroll to the bottom of the page, you can click on all eight options and admire an awesome table showing every single piece of armour every active player has won from Moria to Barad Guldur. Just another service courtesy of SuperIngaras[sup]TM[/sup] (but you have to update yourself, easily done with the "edit" function). There will probably be an equivalent but separate page for the three sets of Ost Dunhoth armour.

Uhm... if YOU go there you'll see it... some lesser minions get an 'You do not have access to view this page' kind of thing.
Magolisto, Champion (75)

and some others...

Will probably intend to become more of a "hard-core" Raider, like in the good old days of The Rift, so voted for the first option.  Of course, my Thursdays are nearly never free so that's a negative point.

With regard to "gear" - The requirement for Ost Dunhoth, based on what I have read, is clear, precise, accurate and flawless execution of tactics.  Having +10 to all stats over someone else (which is about the difference between any of the current end-game sets) is less important than having the willingness to prepare, wipe, listen and succeed.  Yes, you should be "well geared" but lets get away from any suggestions that there is only one set of armour type that a certain class should have before they are entitled to be considered "hard-core".

We have different preferences and they make little difference compared to the difference that play-style and ability do.