Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Poll: Which will be your prefered raiding option for Ost Dunhoth?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I will be joining the kinship's hard-core raiding group.
63.89%
23 63.89%
I will be joining the kinship's casual raiding group.
8.33%
3 8.33%
I won't join any group, but might sign up to either now and again.
27.78%
10 27.78%
I have no interest in raiding Ost Dunhoth with the kinship.
0%
0 0%
Total 36 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Survey: What is your interest in the new raid?

(09 Mar, 11, 16:57)Illthrist link Wrote: to be completely honest, voting in this part is nothing but a feedback towards the raid leaders about the range of people to choose from.
That's right, during yesterdays officer meeting we had a hard time forming plans because we did not have  a solid understanding of who in the kin is interested in what.

Should it turn out we have 30 people wanting to come to the "Alpha" raids, we will just run two raids on the same night, we enough leaders and friends to fill gaps, so it is an option.
However, if enough people are interested in the alternate raids on different days, other arrangements can be made.

If we do form a "Beta" raid on lets say Friday and Tuesday, you should imagine this raid being filled with more Casual TWA members, raiding members on alts and FOTW people.
It may not be as smooth as the Alpha raids can be, but I dont see why they shouldnt be able to do tier 2.

At the end of the day, plans will not be set in stone until a few weeks after the update, when we truly know how many people we can count on, and even then they will remain fluid, this poll is just to give us an initial idea, a starting point, reading any more into it is not necessary.

Indeed. It's very difficult to make any sort of concrete plan at the moment for the reasons Thor states. I imagine it won't be until we actually stand in front of the gates of Ost Dunhoth, so to speak, that we are going to get a good idea of just how many people want to do what.

My guess is that we might end up being able to run two tier 2 raids for the first couple of weeks or so - which would be great, as it will generate more feedback and information. On past experience, and if the raid proves even halfway as hard as it's cracked up to be, I reckon the initial enthusiasm will start fading after the third week, and we'll settle down to a core Alpha group of 18; that means, particularly if Serenity show an interest, that a Beta group might after all prove viable a short while down the road. But we'll see. As Thor said, this whole exercise is just to help us decide closer to the date; nothing is settled, and in fact we'll have to be pretty flexible even during the first month or so.

I'd love to join the Bravo group as I think my commitments and play style would prohibit me from the Alpha group.
That said and in all honesty I think I would fit in between the casual group and the 'I'd like to help out' band, again due to home commitments.

2 Myrtle Court, Sheafton, West Farthing, The Shire.

(09 Mar, 11, 15:57)Belegwe link Wrote: a bit of a dolly mixture group if I'm being blunt.

Nothing wrong with dolly mixtures! Alright, they aren't up there with Jelly Babies but still not to be sniffed at!  Hmmm, maybe those could be the official titles - Jelly Babies and Dolly Mixtures...      8)

Haha! Yes I think we should use those titles! Smile