Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Why hasn't TWA been featured on the BBC News site yet?

Well there's some important points here about the "why" of gaming - not to mention some evidence that the skills one picks up may be helpful in collaborative working. And its rare because most publicity that MMOs get is negative, to the wider world we're still addicts conditioned to violence: e.g. <a http://www.olganon.org/?q=node/2107

Some of the knowledge gained from studying gamers will shape the future - already we are starting to do project work in offices like this. There is so much publicity for social networking but only the few main social networks have 12m+ members.

Gimli: Oh come on, we can take 'em.  Aragorn: It's a long way. Gimli: Toss me. Aragorn: What? Gimli: I cannot jump the distance, you'll have to toss me.
[pauses, looks up at Aragorn] Gimli: Don't tell the elf. Aragorn: Not a word.

(03 Feb, 11, 04:29)Eresmir link Wrote: Don't get me wrong Teo, i wasnt implying any jealous reference to WoW in my "crap" comment, just that i find it strange that the report would be focused on a a guild's raid rather than on the work done by the developers behind the scenes. If the report's theme was Technology, why focus on its irrelevant application rather than its development?
I understand. It's a good point, and I agree, that they shouldn't have focused on a specific guild like this; but at the same time it makes sense that they did. It makes it easier for the reader to invest themselves (and possible relate, at least if they're gamers themselves) in the article, as it's always more intriguing to read about 'interesting' people, rather than to keep it nameless and more factual like you might expect from a news outlet such as BBC. To me it felt like a natural first step towards less biased reports about gaming, and MMO's in particular. Maybe one day we'll get articles that interview the actual developers, as well, where they get the chance to explain their designs.

Obviously we need to release more raid videos on YouTube dubbed with corny music! No respectable guild can go without those!
[Kinship] Illthir: that was name on name on fail
[Kinship] Yorkston: im more confused the more you type

(03 Feb, 11, 14:50)Menliros link Wrote: Obviously we need to release more raid videos on YouTube dubbed with corny music! No respectable guild can go without those!
Make it Requiem for a Dream and we've got all the cheese covered!

Good ideas like this will make us the bestest raiding guild evar! You just have to know where to focus!  :rawkon:
[Kinship] Illthir: that was name on name on fail
[Kinship] Yorkston: im more confused the more you type