Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Why hasn't TWA been featured on the BBC News site yet?

Tchoh!  Call yerselves a raiding guild?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-12334895

:ough1:
[thesilverblades] Boindul: 'crap this RK class quest seems difficult o.O'
[thesilverblades] Ninetoes: 'what is it? find a way to fit in middle-earth?
now we have lotro blogs - yey! http://my.lotro.com/user-1332041/
Paper is balanced, nerf Rock. ~Scissors

Clodvig aka Gifford // Gifford aka Clodvig

Jeebus Christ. looks like super mario brothers.
If by life or death I can save you, I will.

"You see, there's this thing called aggro."
"What's aggro?"
"It's a very complicated, very technical roleplaying expression. Loosely translated, it means 'the healer dies'."

(This post was last modified: 02 Feb, 11, 19:26 by Arathrandir.)

Think the more important question is why is the BBC wasting time reporting this crap.

How many add-ons does it take to take to compensate for lack of skill? Tongue  By the look of it, dozens!

Main article is here http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-12326825

first time ive seen wow-footage actually. wow!, those are some crappy looking repetitive animations, at least the Lotro ones do 3 or 4 attack animations.

(This post was last modified: 03 Feb, 11, 04:23 by Eresmir.)

Is some BBC exec a WoW fan or something? Why waste the world's best news service's time reporting this crap?!

(02 Feb, 11, 23:25)Braglanas link Wrote: first time ive seen wow-footage actually. wow!, those are some crappy looking repetitive animations, at least the Lotro ones do 3 or 4 attack animations.

I don't think anyone would be very impressed by raid footage of a Hunter in LOTRO, either, Braglanas. It's just the same bow animation over and over and over again, is it not? Wink

(03 Feb, 11, 00:11)Eresmir link Wrote: I some BBC exec a WoW fan or something? Why waste the world's best news service's time reporting this crap?!

Because no matter how you swing it, simply by looking at the fact that over 12 million people all around the world subscribe to it, World of Warcraft is an incredible phenomenon worthy of note not only to gamers. I've long wanted more news reports in mainstream media to concern games, and ones that aren't just out to badmouth games for being violent and harmful or what not. Granted, it's a bit strange to report on raiding in particular - it's too specific, I guess - but I'm glad to see it. No need to bash the article just because it's a 'rival' game they chose to feature. Smile

FFS! I'm paying for that to be reported as news!

(03 Feb, 11, 00:52)Belegwe link Wrote: FFS! I'm paying for that to be reported as news!

You might be missing the actual article (the video is just a reference), that talks about raiding mechanics and how it's a group effort in MMO's to overcome these, the toughest challenges in the game. They use WoW as the example here, yes, but it might just as well be LOTRO.

(This post was last modified: 03 Feb, 11, 15:34 by Eresmir.)

(03 Feb, 11, 00:50)Teolwyn link Wrote: No need to bash the article just because it's a 'rival' game they chose to feature. Smile

Don't get me wrong Teo, i wasnt implying any jealous reference to WoW in my "crap" comment, just that i find it strange that the report would be focused on a specific guild's raid rather than on the work done by the developers behind the scenes. If the report's theme was Technology, why focus on its irrelevant application rather than its development?