Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

The Auld Alliance

I am back once again with the Western Alliance after a long absence. Before anything else, I must pay tribute to Eresmir, Ertana and Arohtar, as well as to other TWA members who stuck with the kinship through thick and thin, keeping it alive throughout the grim years when its survival hung by a thread. This must, I think, make us the oldest and longest surviving kinship on the server, and surely one amongst no more than a small handful across all servers.

I left, like so many of us, after Rohan, when the publishers had made it perfectly clear that there would be no more endgame content. I did make an attempt to return three years ago, but the endless round of half-witted grinding across the length and breadth of Rohan got me down (remember all those unavoidable quests that involved helping old ladies across the road, looking for lost pets and placating stroppy children?).

Upon coming back to LOTRO this past winter, I was delighted to see that the game has finally pulled itself together, and despite a small number of poor design decisions, I think Mordor was a success, and so is Mirkwood. Maybe it's time to try and get the Western Alliance fully operational again? The meeting Eresmir has proposed is an essential first step; let's get together and see how everybody feels about this idea.

I'll be posting some ideas and suggestions in the days to come, but I wanted first of all to say hello again, and thanks to all who kept the kinship alive!

(This post was last modified: 31 May, 18, 13:25 by Arohtar.)

Good to have you back Kairos.

Now, as an aside, you all owe me thousands of gold in kinhall upkeep... Tongue

Welcome back Kai! And Bel is back too!

(This post was last modified: 02 Jun, 18, 16:18 by Kairos.)

OK, I've discovered that at least 11 ex-TWA members are still active enough in the game that their characters are L.100 or higher:

Methrendomir
Threclo
Grimdoin
Ilyana
Aegoros
Ferdoc
Bado
Alaros
Malbordir
Finella

There are probably a few more. I've sent PMs to the first four on this list, and actually spoke to Ilyana. We should try to get them to come to the meeting on the 10th; they may want to rejoin TWA completely, or perhaps only with an alt. Anyway, it's worth trying, should you come across any of them in-game.

Well I've burned myself out a little while ago grinding 1000's of starlits but did update the game again today... Will check in later...

(This post was last modified: 02 Jun, 18, 19:19 by LilMike.)

(02 Jun, 18, 16:18)Kairos Wrote: OK, I've discovered that at least 11 ex-TWA members are still active enough in the game that their characters are L.100 or higher:

Methrendomir
Threclo
Grimdoin
Ilyana
Aegoros
Ferdoc
Bado
Alaros
Malbordir
Finella

There are probably a few more. I've sent PMs to the first four on this list, and actually spoke to Ilyana. We should try to get them to come to the meeting on the 10th; they may want to rejoin TWA completely, or perhaps only with an alt. Anyway, it's worth trying, should you come across any of them in-game.

I've spoken to Eres in game but thought I'd post something here too. I'm very happy to see some old TWA faces online again and would love to do some group content with you all. I have no plans on rejoining the kin but I think of you all as my friends nonetheless and will help out any way I can. 
- Az

(02 Jun, 18, 19:16)Grimdoin Wrote: Well I've burned myself out a little while ago grinding 1000's of starlits but did update the game again today... Will check in later...

Doing CoS at 106?

hey all .... was nice speaking to you today Kairos and great to see TWA isnt dead yet  Smile

I've been a very intermittent and casual player the last few years (I'm only L106 and still in pre-battle MT!) but would love to join up again. Don't tell my current kin, but I only joined them because they had a handy kinhouse right next to my premium house Big Grin

Will try and make it to next Sundays meeting

TWA's alive and kicking, yay!

(02 Jun, 18, 19:18)LilMike Wrote:
(02 Jun, 18, 19:16)Grimdoin Wrote: Well I've burned myself out a little while ago grinding 1000's of starlits but did update the game again today... Will check in later...

Doing CoS at 106?

Indeed... countless times... And just when I thought I got into casual raiding again the group turned into a fixed night T2 progress run thingy where I simply don't have or can't find the time for anymore Sad

Are you still running with The Unwanted Kai?

(02 Jun, 18, 16:18)Kairos Wrote: OK, I've discovered that at least 11 ex-TWA members are still active enough in the game that their characters are L.100 or higher:

Methrendomir
Threclo
Grimdoin
Ilyana
Aegoros
Ferdoc
Bado
Alaros
Malbordir
Finella

Great work Kai. I've posted in the FB group as well to let people know of meeting etc.