Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Ealdonza application

(This post was last modified: 29 Jul, 13, 21:54 by Flamenca.)

1. NAME Flamenca, on Landroval. Ealdonza on Laurelin

2. AGE

Over 40

3. COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE

USA

4. TIMEZONE

PST

5. PREVIOUS MMORPG EXPERIENCE 
(i.e., other online games played or currently playing) GuildWars2 (a little), Neverwinter (a little,) Rift (a little,) Ultima Online (a long time ago.)

6. PREVIOUS LOTRO EXPERIENCE

I have been playing for a couple of years on Riddermark, but have recently re-rolled on Landroval and started a kinship there.

7. HAVE YOU BEEN A MEMBER OF OTHER KINSHIPS?

Yes, I was a member and an officer of a large kinship on Riddermark. I was very invested in this kinship, but grew frustrated with the lack of voice that the bulk of our members had. I tried, as an officer, to create opportunities for officers/leadership to better communicate with the kinship base, and my efforts backlashed on me with a severity I would never have expected. I left the kinship and, after enduring glff on Riddermark for a month or so (which I'd never subscribed to before, having been insulated by my kinship,) I re-rolled on Landroval and started over.

8. YOUR MAIN CHARACTER 
I have an 85 minstrel on Landroval, and a 30-something hunter on Laurelin, Ealdonza.

9. YOUR ALTS, IF ANY 
Just Ealdonza on Laurelin

10. HOW DID YOU HEAR ABOUT TWA?

I had spoken to my old kinship leader about the possibility of a truly democratic kinship, and was told that it really wasn't do-able with the way Turbine had kinships set up. I was talking about how it would work in my vision, and I did some searching -- which led me to find TWA. Proof that it most assuredly CAN be done, and can be done well.

11. DO YOU KNOW ANY CURRENT TWA MEMBERS?

No. I did speak to Eresmir the other day, and he suggested that I apply through the website. I would very much like to speak to Thoronthor about the kinship and be mentored in the running of a democratic kinship.

12. ABOUT YOURSELF

I am a 40's homeschooling mom. I enjoy the social aspect of MMOs very much, and am drawn to games, like Lotro, for which the social element is integral to the game.

I realize that I am not playing on Laurelin mainly, but I would be interested in seeing how TWA functions from an insider perspective. My kinship on Landroval is called House of Play, and I very much want it to evolve into an active, lively group of folk who all have a voice in the running of the kinship. More than anything, I seek advice and encouragement and the wisdom of those who have been doing this so successfully for awhile now.

a very interesting story that brought you to our door Flamenca.
I will get an officer to invite you as soon as possible and I will be happy to share with you the ideals and history behind TWA.

Welcome and good luck!

Welcome Smile

invited by me today!

Welcome!
Magolisto, Champion (75)

and some others...

Dear Ealdonza,

Due to inactivity of 49 days we have terminated your trial period with us. We understand the obvious lull before an expansion and the busy summer/fall RL time. If you would like to re-apply, please contact an officer in-game,

Regards,

Eresmir,
TWA Deputy