Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Skyrim adventure

I have Skyrim on console but dont get so much time to play it, would it be as good or better on a PC?
[Image: signature.png]

Finally bought it and had a little play. Looks very nice and have experienced no problems. Well aside from the (deliberate) right mouse button activating left hand weapon/spell/thing and left mouse activating right hand.. logic  :o

(09 Dec, 11, 20:42)Eowren link Wrote: Finally bought it and had a little play. Looks very nice and have experienced no problems. Well aside from the (deliberate) right mouse button activating left hand weapon/spell/thing and left mouse activating right hand.. logic  :o
Fairly sure you can change that Eo Tongue

(09 Dec, 11, 19:06)Zlin link Wrote: I have Skyrim on console but dont get so much time to play it, would it be as good or better on a PC?

No. Much, much worse...

The PC version has many many advantages over the console. As long as you have a decent PC and a little bit of knowledge of the modding community you can easily transform the game to look and play a million times better than the consoles. Play the PC version at 2048 or 1920 resolutions with a few tweaks and graphic mods and it looks stunning and very immersive.

The console version isnt free of bugs and problems either, plus your stuck waiting for patches because you can't fix them yourself. The PC version out of the box patched up now works, it was the initial release that had mouse problems and struggled on older PC hardware.

My advice would be to aquire Skyrim on PC, test it out first before spending more money on another copy, but if you want the definitive version of Skyrim you have to buy the PC version there is no debate!

:rawkon:

Or just get it on the platform you want to get it on, asking people's opinions about consoles and PCs will only leave you confused.

(10 Dec, 11, 14:28)Falcodoc link Wrote: Or just get it on the platform you want to get it on, asking people's opinions about consoles and PCs will only leave you confused.

Indeed, PS3 version works out of the box (1 patch) without the need to re-code the game for shoddy Bethesda (how they continue to get away with their unprofessionalism I do not know - well actually I do, they have an ridiculously apologetic fanbase who believe "bugs are the way of all games", an attitude that only makes it easier for them to release broken products)

It is pretty ridiculous when someone has to fall back on "get the PC version, because modders will fix everything."
I haven't had a single bug on Skyrim on 360, and I'll have had it for a month on Monday.

Like Morrowind and Oblivion before it, Skyrim is no different in the way the community were there to fix and rescue the game. It is a complete shambles for a company to release unfinished/tested software but deadlines, funding and lazyness rule the day. I hear it from games dev's everyday at work, most of the time its a case of 'get the product out then worry about fixing it funds have ran out'.

People's opinions should be heard, infact it should be encouraged and if it leads to a debate then all the better. It's fact that console versions are limited in what they can do, If you have a PC capable of running Skyrim at twice the resolution and detail with none of the tacky auto-aim assists inbedded into the code you will have a much richer and immersive experience.