Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Skyrim adventure

I've found the program to patch the exec to allow more than 2gig memory but like anything make a backup of your TESV.exe

goto http://www.ntcore.com/exsuite.php

download the multiplatform explorer suite

You might need to right-click on the TESV.exe and un-check Read-Only before you start !

Quote:Run CFF Explorer

Click the folder icon or go to File -> Open and browse your PC for TESV.exe.

Click on File Header at the left, find Characteristics at the right, and click the Click here blue button.

Tick App can handle >2GB address space > Click OK

Save by clicking the disk icon or going to 'File -> Save.

Overwrite the file

[Image: e7147251.png]

[Image: 37eb0c84.png]

Hope this helps, I've applied it to my version but have not played the game sufficiently to see if the difference is noticeable... yet

================================================================================================

Charvel:

As I'm essentially flying blind here, I want to make sure I'm not about to do something disastrous.

I downloaded the Explorer Suite, then looked for a TESV.exe file. The only one apparently on my hard drive is called
TESV.EXE-029CC85E.pf and lives in folder C: [forward slash]WINDOWS[forward slash]Prefetch.

Would this be the right one?

Thanks...

LATER EDIT:

OK, now I know that Windows has a Hidden Files feature. Using that, I found a file called simply TESV (no suffix) lurking
in the Steam[forward slash]steamapps[forward slash]common[forward slash]skyrim folder.

I assume that despite the lack of an .exe suffix, this is probably the right one?

As I haven't had much chance to give this game a good go due to work and such I will give you my uncles opinion of it as he as put in over 30 hours game play already. As you can see from the first wagon trip the graphics are very detailed and its a nice touch, you go through all these "pretty" caves and think that somebody has spent a long time to make all this, However from what he has shown me and his own play there is a clear lack of things to do within this "pretty" scenery making to quite boring gameplay, running through 30 minutes of pretty tunnels just finding 4-5 monsters and a lot of crap loot (i.e. baskets and buckets brooms the works). Having no re spawns seems to be quite an issue as well, if there was a big stronghold of bandits and you slaughter them all, I'm sure once you up and leave some other group would come and take their place, not just lay bare for eternity scattered with the odd dead corpse. The difficulty also seemed an issue to me, I made a big ass Redguard with the sole purpose of finding the biggest 2h weapon in game and smashing with it, quite effective on Adept, making light work of almost any minion in one or two hits, making the few "baddies" you find a little disheartening to know its dead without much chance of losing more than 1/4 health, yet when there is a "boss" or elite mob it seems that im eating every potion in my inventory and one wrong click = a reload so i dare put the difficulty up in fear that when a dragon does turn up it doesn't just munch me in one shot. Anyways the map also seems a little small compared to the last 2 games, but perhaps its just me, or the stupidly designed "3D" map. Its not a bad game but it does leave me feeling the need to put oblivion back in just to get a bit of good ol' action! the plains of oblivion were nice and manic! (and you get to swim through lava!). at the moment Morrowind < Oblivion > Skyrim        :-\
[Image: signature.png]

(18 Nov, 11, 17:32)Kairos link Wrote: Charvel:

As I'm essentially flying blind here, I want to make sure I'm not about to do something disastrous.

I downloaded the Explorer Suite, then looked for a TESV.exe file. The only one apparently on my hard drive is called
TESV.EXE-029CC85E.pf and lives in folder C: [forward slash]WINDOWS[forward slash]Prefetch.

Would this be the right one?

Thanks...

LATER EDIT:

OK, now I know that Windows has a Hidden Files feature. Using that, I found a file called simply TESV (no suffix) lurking
in the Steam[forward slash]steamapps[forward slash]common[forward slash]skyrim folder.

I assume that despite the lack of an .exe suffix, this is probably the right one?

Prefetch is NOT the right one, that's just Windows' quick-loading stuff. The prefetch-less is probably ok, Windows also has the awesome 'hide known extensions' feature which is the first thing most experienced Windows users turn off after installation...  :bh1:

There's also a more user-friendly utility to do the editting here btw.
Magolisto, Champion (75)

and some others...

Let me know once you can re-bind the keypad keys guys!
Sando - Minstrel // Rissa - Burglar // Adelrisk - Guardian // Tember - Hunter
[Image: whatcolor_iswhite.jpg]
There is no try, there is only hobbits, hobbits everywhere!

Best I've been able to find is to re-route the keys through Windows with external programs like AutoHotkey... Or try to find a key-placement that doesn't involve numbers 1-8 (I read someone that went for IJKL instead Tongue ).
Magolisto, Champion (75)

and some others...

OK, I've run through the procedure suggested by Charvel, and there definitely is an overall improvement. What remains problematic is the mouse controls: the horizontal axis still requires a huge amount of desktop movement, and the vertical axis is incredibly slow and "sticky". This must be a software/programming problem rather than a hardware issue, since it doesn't happen with any other program. Can anyone suggest a solution?

Skyrim - Mouse Acceleration / Lag Fix

If you can deal with a welsh accent, here's your fix.

(19 Nov, 11, 09:37)Kairos link Wrote: OK, I've run through the procedure suggested by Charvel, and there definitely is an overall improvement. What remains problematic is the mouse controls: the horizontal axis still requires a huge amount of desktop movement, and the vertical axis is incredibly slow and "sticky". This must be a software/programming problem rather than a hardware issue, since it doesn't happen with any other program. Can anyone suggest a solution?

the skyrim .ini file has to be changed in both Documents > My Games > Skyrim AND your main Program Files > Steam > Skyrim  (just making sure) . When I access the menus the mouse moves fast and smooth with a small feeling of weight however the mouse movement ingame whilst playing is still not perfect which I just put down to the engine also.

A new gfx card ? yep seems the easy suggestion because Skyrim only uses two processor cores (yes even on quad cores) so having a decent GPU is more than likely going to boost performance. I have a cheap nVidia 460 GTX 1gig of ram, roughly £80 now and I run the game 1920*1200 maxed settings and I have a load of MODS and extra shadows and other garnish. Gameplay is smooth, framerate is fast but there is always a small feeling of lag on movement.

** Its also worth pointing out I'm using Nvidia beta Drivers 285.79 that have some skyrim tweaks **

It wont be long until someone compiles a community patch for the game eliminating most of the problems people experience, it's always the case with Bethseda games.