Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Gold farming

(26 May, 11, 14:11)Eowren link Wrote:Interesting read. Noticed one of the comments to the article as follows:

"I don't get it.

If gamers are willing to pay money for these credits, why don't the game-makers just sell them directly, rather than make the players go through all this 'gold-farming' stuff?

It seems they're missing out on some easy money."

Can imagine the outcry if they did, but considering the way the lotro store is going, well....

The revenue RMT makes is so vast the rumours of MMo owners dealing behind the scene's are not that far off and I would wager most do!  :o

F2p MMo's have really took off and its obviously an extremely viable way for the companies to make lots of dosh. Eastern MMo's have had ingame Stores for many many years now that sell weapons/armour and other exotic items that are way better than the gear you get whilst just questing/raiding. We can already see the impact of this in other game genre's, DLC is often advertised way before a new IP is released and players are charged small fee's for the content.

Now we may not like or agree on the fairness of MMo shops charging for better equipment, but I'd rather people spent their real cash this way than lining the pockets of gold sellers.

:rawkon:

Point for discussion by the council - as well as kicking from kinship report them to turbine?
I don't believe it's as much an issue with lotro as it is with other games though.