Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Raid starting protocol

For the avoidance of any misunderstanding in future:

• Invite time for kinship (Washday Group) raids is normally 18:45 UK time. This means participants have to be online and ready to go at fifteen minutes to the hour.
• The advertised start time is 18:55 UK time, namely five minutes to the hour.
• At 19:00 hrs UK time, namely on the hour exactly, the guillotine drops. After this time, if you're not in the raid group, you no longer have a guaranteed slot. This means that from here on I will be looking for a suitable alternative for whoever is absent, starting with the kinship's signed up and present reserves. If there are several reserves of the right classes or skills present, then the chances are I will pick a replacement from amongst them in the next few minutes. If there isn't a suitable standby present and waiting, then I will have to go further afield, which will of course take longer - in one recent case (a Delta Group raid, I think), we waited for almost an hour before filling the raid group. The point here is that the delay is enforced by circumstances, and makes no difference to the fact that the original signup no longer has automatic priority.

Obviously, if no replacement has been found and the original signup finally shows up, he will be invited to join the raid. Losing your priority through lateness is not a punishment, it's simply a practical response to circumstances. Normally, once a replacement has been invited to join a raid, their slot is guaranteed and they will not be dropped even if the original signup turns up.

Finally, it stands to reason that if somebody is running late and gets in touch to say so, we might wait a short while (up to 10 minutes) to wait for them. By the same token, if given adequate warning we might start clearing mobs with an 11-man raid, as we did once or twice in BG, but this is obviously not yet feasible in OD.

(This post was last modified: 29 Apr, 11, 17:36 by Crucio.)

Thanks for clarifying Kai although I hope it was clear in your last raid protocol post but always worth re-iterating.

Also worth highlighting that the raid leader does have perogative over the raid make up, if there are changes to the line up do not take it personally, it's just what is best for the raid and not a slight on an particular member.

And as always thanks to Kai for arranging the raids!!

Well, personally I think it's good to re-emphasize the starting times, since they used to be a bit later... (BG was usually advertised as 7.50 invite, 7.00 starting, meaning we'd start searching replacements by 7.05 to 7.10 or so and since I'm usually able to be online around 7ish, that 10 minutes makes quite some difference)
Magolisto, Champion (75)

and some others...

(29 Apr, 11, 16:43)Ingaras link Wrote: Well, personally I think it's good to re-emphasize the starting times, since they used to be a bit later... (BG was usually advertised as 7.50 invite, 7.00 starting, meaning we'd start searching replacements by 7.05 to 7.10 or so and since I'm usually able to be online around 7ish, that 10 minutes makes quite some difference)

Case in point: we know that you always turn up a few minutes before the hour and don't worry. And in fact, you always do.

I never worry Wink
Magolisto, Champion (75)

and some others...