Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Raiding protocol

Kinship raiders - by which I mean all raiders, not just the Washday Group - are required to follow certain very simple, self-evident rules; these can effectively be summed up in one prime directive, which is "Show respect for your fellow raiders".

Raiding at any level is a time-consuming and above all cooperative business. This means that eleven other people have put aside their normal occupations in order to participate, and to give you the opportunity of participating. Of course this is just a game, but the dedication that goes into participating in a raid represents a very real investment in time and effort by everyone else; if you treat that investment with contempt, you are treating your fellow kinship members with contempt.

How do you show contempt? I really shouldn't need to elaborate, but here are some of the most glaring examples:
• You show contempt by consistently signing up and never turning up;
• You show contempt by suddenly going AFK without permission and never showing up again;
• You show contempt by never or rarely sharing in the burden of group buffing, and by making the same 3-4 people provide scrolls and hope tokens for the group;
• You show contempt by turning insufficiently prepared and equipped, or without the necessary potions.

There is absolutely no excuse, short of a RL crisis, for signing up for any raid and then dropping out without any kind of warning at all; some of the unofficial raids organised during the last two weeks by volunteers have suffered particularly badly from this behaviour. This is a "use it or lose it" situation: if it appears that not enough members value efforts of this kind, then sooner rather than later, people will stop bothering. As for the Washday Group, I would remind members that there are certain ground rules which must be observed, and if these are consistently disregarded, the guilty parties will be dropped from the group and lose their priority.

We are not a hard-core raiding kinship, and raiding is certainly not required of anybody - but if you choose to raid with TWA, then please respect these principles.

I couldnt aggree more, Kairos. It's also annoying that more than half of the raiding group doesn't buy the Destiny Perks which wont fall off after a wipe but greatly increase the chance of success on any encounter.

If only one or two people does not get the buff and dies, they screw up the attempt for the entire raid and its no fun to wipe on Roggie, where only 6 deaths are allowed, because of people who just dont care.

I often hear the answer that a person doesnt have DP to spend. I wonder how is that possible if you are basically swimming in DP if you do the 3 man, 6 man whatever quests which you HAVE TO do anyway if you want your armor pieces from OD....

The topic no-shows I wouldnt even comment. Shame would be the right word, perhaps.

totally agree with both of you there. problem if people seem to think if they sign up for the official raid for example, they cant be bothered to sign down for the lower-level raid. for example, the bg raid of last weekend was planned 3 weeks ago and only 5 or 6 showed up for it, while we had like 10 ppl who signed up for it.. those things are not that much appreciated...

signing up for raids should mean that you are willing and able to be there on time and first of all that you are prepared (this means all gear, virtues, afks, beers, pots, destiny points, scrolls and hopes) normally.

if i see people signed up for a raid and my class is covered, i will make other plans for the evening and cross fingers for those on the mission for a good fun raiding night with nice rewards.

i dont know why anyone would think otherwise about this particular topic really.

Well said.  Of course, occasionally RL gets in the way, but 9 times out of 10 the RL event doesn't prevent people from logging on to the forum and marking themselves as "not available".  Also, if you sign up and don't make the main team, you're automatically put on "standby" - this means you should still turn up in case, or else manually set yourself as "unavailable".  People on standby not turning up are just as guilty, imho.  :pirate1:

OMG I'm talking like a raid officer, been years since I did that.  RUN AWAY!!!!  urgh.  Be glad you don't have me any more, I used to exclude people for being 1 minute late if we had alternatives online, and once the reserve had got the invite, I refused to let them give it back to the late person, even if they turned up 30 seconds later.  :angry2:

(26 Apr, 11, 14:55)Methrendomir link Wrote: once the reserve had got the invite, I refused to let them give it back to the late person, even if they turned up 30 seconds later.  :angry2:

This is still the case!

(26 Apr, 11, 15:00)Kairos link Wrote: [quote author=Methrendomir link=topic=6262.msg58882#msg58882 date=1303826120]
once the reserve had got the invite, I refused to let them give it back to the late person, even if they turned up 30 seconds later.  :angry2:

This is still the case!
[/quote]

Yay!