Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Current and future raiding

This is an update on the kinship raiding policy and plans for the future. We know there is some interesting new content coming our way, but until it arrives, we will concentrate on BG and the Lieutenant in particular – despite what some of you might think, we are far from getting him on farm yet. One positive aspect of reaching this stage is that we are virtually guaranteed a weekly run at the LT; despite all the perfectly valid grumbling about BG, I have to say that I personally find the LT fight in hard mode one of the best and most challenging in the game, and as such I don’t mind repeating it a few more times. Yes, it’s unforgiving, but it’s also intelligently designed and no longer includes any downright stupid traps. Even the double eyes in part 2 are something we’ve learned how to handle.

That said, I would like to draw everybody’s attention to the Raiding Group rules once again, notably the bit about “you must … undertake to take part in at least one raid a week”. Now we’ve let that bit slide more than a little, and I certainly don’t plan on enforcing it to the letter. However, I’m currently in the process of updating and weeding out the Raiding Group, and would like to see all the active members of the group sign up (even on standby) for a raid at least once every couple of weeks, and also of course turn up on the day. Remember that a LT group still needs to be quite carefully balanced, and can’t really include more than two inexperienced players or alts – so if you were a member of the original BG development party and are a bit fed up with it by now, please continue to join the group once in a while, otherwise it becomes very difficult to guide new players through it.

As far as future raiding is concerned, I will be inclined to give priority on the main kinship raid nights to active members of the current raiding group, and will be keeping a record of who shows up. With a bit of luck, though, given our current rate of recruitment we may, even after a post-election cleanup of inactive members, be in a position to fill two raiding parties at the next update. Radiance will no longer be an issue, so hopefully more members will feel able to join in from the start.

Bottom line: raiding, particularly end-game raiding and exploring a new raid, require a certain minimum of commitment and dedication. Without in any way getting hard-core about things, we will be looking to reward that commitment.

reporting for duty

(This post was last modified: 13 Feb, 11, 12:29 by skelsamu.)

:vh1:
as the new raid sets are .... i stick by the bg sets for the guard and capt.
but will come along in the new raid.
skelsamu, your guard