Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Dragon Age 2 Cinematic Trailer Released!

Clickie!
Sando - Minstrel // Rissa - Burglar // Adelrisk - Guardian // Tember - Hunter
[Image: whatcolor_iswhite.jpg]
There is no try, there is only hobbits, hobbits everywhere!

(This post was last modified: 21 Aug, 10, 22:14 by Arathrandir.)

Looking good; Best thing for DA2 is the fully voiced character, more like Mass Effect, although I can't help but feel that it's too soon for DA2.  There is still so much that could be added to DA/DA:Origins, but hopefully we'll see updates to that continue as well....

I want to know what happens to Morrigan and the baby and continue the story of the Grey Warden, beyond Origins, in all honesty and DA2 is a completely new story by the look of it.  Mass Effect tells a single story throughout, an Epic sci-fi drama, and is all the better for it. 

(This post was last modified: 21 Aug, 10, 23:19 by Swaey.)

The problem with Dragon Age was there was so many endings, possibilities, relationships that it would be impossible for Bioware to try and piece together every single DLC to cater for every single story that you created.
In a way DA2 is a much easier way to handle future generations of story progression by only allowing a few paths and then building on that like they did in ME2.
The earlier DLC's for Dragon Age didn't even mention any of the original companions and Awakenings didn't allow any further relationships to develop and you were left wondering what did happen to Alistair/Leilana as you said you'd stick with them forever.
A good example of this being a problem was when ME2 was released and you had a whole new bunch of companions to romance basically allowing you to completely forget about Ashley or Kaiden only for them to appear later on and be really pissed off with you for working with Cerberus. They just didn't seem bothered you came back from the dead  and a lot of fans were disappointed that you weren't able to rekindle any past relationships at all.
I think Bioware learnt their lessons now and are cutting down with major storylines that are totally player controlled so they can seamlessly continue future games.

is it me or is the narrating of that trailer done by Kate Mulgrew? (Captain Janeway)

Yep, it's Janeway.  She voiced Flemeth in the first one.

There's now a demo out for Dragon Age II

http://dragonage.bioware.com/

A bit disappointing though since they seem to have dumbed down a lot of things (like removing skills etc. and the new iWin combat model).

Will be released March 11.

I see they've made combat more like an action rpg, which I've never really liked. That's kinda disappointing  Sad

(02 Mar, 11, 08:59)Ellesharie link Wrote: I see they've made combat more like an action rpg, which I've never really liked. That's kinda disappointing  Sad

Yup.  :-\

(02 Mar, 11, 08:59)Ellesharie link Wrote: I see they've made combat more like an action rpg, which I've never really liked. That's kinda disappointing  Sad
It definitely is, but I don't think they necessarily made it easier. The ogre boss in the demo took me about four tries to get down, and this is on normal. They did say that normal difficulty would be easier than normal difficulty in DA:O, but that if you ramp it up, you'll find it even more of a challenge than DA:O ever was. It's hard to tell from a demo, I guess, so I'll have to wait and see how it turns out; but so far it seems like the changes to make it feel more like an action RPG are more for looks, and don't hamper the tactical aspect too much. What I noticed the most while playing the demo, though, was that combat didn't feel as 'heavy' as it did before. Weapons don't have the same weight as they had in DA:O, and not even shield bash carries the same force anymore. This is what disappointed me the most; it's much too fickle and 'quick' now, and the weapon contacts simply don't feel the same. Sad

Have played the Demo with each of the classes on PS3 and first impression is that they have "masseffected" Dragon Age, which is in no way a bad thing.  Yes, it is more "action" orientated in the combat, but I'd actually say they have just broadened the range of methods to engage in combat - At higher difficulty levels the tactical element is still important, while at easier difficulty levels the focus is one your character and his action.  The fight with the Ogre (the one before Flemeth turns up) was incredibly tough on the Rogue (melee), Mage and Warrior and I only managed to do it when I used the Ranged Rogue, and Ogres aren't the toughest thing in DA we should remember. 

The skill trees have a similar amount of skills, but most skills also have upgrade options within the trees now, and there is a greater diversity (at least in the characters in the Demo) between individual characters, regardless if they are the same class (Aveline and your warrior have different Trees depending on what weapon focus you have chosen)

The story/characters and art-style of the Demo were on-par with the original.  An enjoyable demo and will be looking forward to the full game (next tuesday!)