Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Wild UK Challenge

Guys, I've just created a new Blog and I thought I'd give you first dibs on having a look before I shout about it to other friends, family and so forth.

Basically, the idea is that I'm doing a grueling 3-day, 100 mile challenge in Exmoor in a few months time, and need to get some sponsorship and also get myself some motivation and moral support for my training.

I've created a blog to record my progress at http://RichWildUK.wordpress.com/

I also created a Twitter account at http://twitter.com/RichWildUK

And a donations page at http://www.justgiving.com/RichWildUK  (I want to see you sponsor me for more than the Silver Blades - might make it into a contest of pride!)  It's all in aid of The Prince's Trust, which is a noble cause.  (If you do sponsor me, please include your screen name in the comment, as I have no idea what you're real names are!)

I'm sure I've made errors, so if you have any comments or suggestions let me know!  Kairos, I know you're really into blogging, so if you have any ideas or tips on that one, that'd be great.  And Belegwe is the Twitter expert....

(Belegwe, I have already 3 followers, which seems a bit random as I've not told anyone about it.  They look like spam - should I turn off allowing anyone to follow me or doesn't that really matter?)

motivation and moral support ey?

Give up now, you will never make it.

Now I dare you to prove me wrong!  :geek:

Looks like alot of fun!

I recently completed the London marathon - trained for about 4 months - its amazing what the human body can do when pushed!

My top tips:
Plan your life around your training, not the other way around. (I hope to god you started already!)
Indulge in some good kit, and subscribe to relevant mags - you'll pick up loads of tips and inspiration there - Runners World was especially good sending me motivating emails on my training plan - there is probably a cycling equivalent.
Also plot your walks and rides on MapMyRun, or MapMyRide www.mapmyrun.com - no need to pay membership at first. (Tho you probably found this already)

And best of luck! If I can help with anything fitness related let me know.
Gimli: Oh come on, we can take 'em.  Aragorn: It's a long way. Gimli: Toss me. Aragorn: What? Gimli: I cannot jump the distance, you'll have to toss me.
[pauses, looks up at Aragorn] Gimli: Don't tell the elf. Aragorn: Not a word.

Thanks Zirg, that looks good - I shall check it out!

Err, my blog stats show me that one single measly person has clicked on my blog link.  :ough1:  I wonder if that was Zirg or Thor?

Oh well, at least I got one person to agree to sponsor me - my own Dad.  Bet he forgets to do it.

(28 Jun, 09, 22:25)Methrendomir link Wrote: Err, my blog stats show me that one single measly person has clicked on my blog link.   :ough1:  I wonder if that was Zirg or Thor?

Me Smile

Will try and dig out a donation later this week (waiting for pay day!).

awww meth, i'll donate something :-)
Investikapi 65 BRG / Portakapi 65 HNT / Letoya 60 CPT /  Daxo 60 BRG / Boykapi 60 MNS / Girlkapi 51 GRD  (* currently active)

Creeps : Reevar r5 / Wargytail r6 / Wyx r6

(28 Jun, 09, 22:25)Methrendomir link Wrote: Err, my blog stats show me that one single measly person has clicked on my blog link.   :ough1:  I wonder if that was Zirg or Thor?

Oh well, at least I got one person to agree to sponsor me - my own Dad.  Bet he forgets to do it.
hehe sorry meth, had like 3 minutes to checkmy mail etc that day, but im not in any position financially to sponsor anyone atm  :-[

Totally barmy, if you ask me, but I'll sign up to sponsor... Must be better than the SAS selection exercise which takes place in roughly the same area, where you are given an onion and a dead squirrel and hunted for three days and three nights through the deadly Grimpen Mire. I understand that with sufficient thought, the squirrel can be transformed into a lethal weapon.

(29 Jun, 09, 10:57)Kairos link Wrote: I understand that with sufficient thought, the squirrel can be transformed into a lethal weapon.

Indeed it can - check out http://www.misscellania.com/miss-cellani...e-bad.html
Gimli: Oh come on, we can take 'em.  Aragorn: It's a long way. Gimli: Toss me. Aragorn: What? Gimli: I cannot jump the distance, you'll have to toss me.
[pauses, looks up at Aragorn] Gimli: Don't tell the elf. Aragorn: Not a word.