Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Arlon of Dale

(This post was last modified: 23 Apr, 07, 13:51 by Arlon.)

Arlon is a quiet fellow. He generally doesn't like to be in a crowd and you're more likely to encounter him out hunting on his own then in the Pony sharing drinks with Hobbits or Elves. He came to Eriador to check our reports about a mysterious 'Black Rider' that had reached Esgaroth, his hometown. After encountering one and spending several days in Bree-land and Bree-town looking for more news about this Rider, he learned of a gathering in the Prancing Pony, where a lot of adventurers were coming together for a drink. Hoping he would find out more by listening to some other adventurers, he decided to go there as well.

He didn't expect to see that many faces in the Pony that night, especially not those of Hobbits. What were these passive, almost childlike people doing in a place like this? And the lies, the stories they told... One of them even spoke of a Dragon called Pyfton... Arlon had to set him straight ofcourse.

Luckily, there were more people then just Hobbits, there were Men and Dwarves and even an occasional Elf. But the most interesting was a woman from Rohan, the fair lady Annawyn, talking to a Captain of Gondor. She spoke of the Shire and the Hobbits and how to protect them against these dark tidings. And most important, she spoke of 'Black Riders'. Arlon had to talk to her. After finding out there were more people that had encountered a Black Rider, lady Annawyn preached that none should venture out in the wild alone in these dark times. She was a member of an Alliance, and she introduced us to it's leader, another great Man of Gondor. Arlon however had no intention of joining any sort of company just yet.

That night though, while he was lying in bed, Annawyn's words kept running through Arlon's head and the next morning he got lost in the eerie Old Forest and nearly got killed while passing through the Barrow Downs. He got scared and he realised that if he was ever going to find out more about these Riders, he was going to need help. He decided he should seek out this Annawyn again.

After asking several guards and a Hobbit, he found her in Staddle. Turned out she was now an officer of the Alliance she was in and that they could use the help of a hunter. Thus Arlon came to join the Western Alliance.

---------------------------

My name is Thomas Joosten and I'm almost 22 years old. Tongue I am originally from Holland, but when I started playing World of Warcraft two years ago, I met this girl from Denmark with whom I started to play a lot. A year later I quit college and moved to Denmark to live with this girl and just a few weeks ago we've bought a house together.

I am not studying anything at the moment, I'm working, but I'm hoping to return to College in a few years. This is my second MMORPG, but LotR was actually the reason I started palying WoW in the first place. My girlfriend and I started a guild in WoW that came to be a guild that enabled 'end-game raiding' for casual players. To do this, we needed a small core of slightly more hardcore people and for a period we enjoyed being part of this. But now, with all the new things going on in life, we found it hard to combine spending the time we wanted to spend on WoW with our lives, even if we played casually. WoW just required too much time. And then LotRO came. This was the game I have been waiting for all along and starting a new game would allow us to start in our new, more casual pace, so we left for LotRO.

I always regret not starting out on a RP server in WoW, since it always felt like I was missing out on something. Now with LotRO, I decided to go to a RP server right away. This is my first real RP experience, but I like it so far.

Thank you for letting me join the Western Alliance.

Thomas

P.S. Sadly, I learned this weekend I am going to lose my job in a few months time, so I need to find another one. I was already looking for another job, so that's ok, but it does mean I might have to wait a few days with buying the retail version of LotRO untill I am sure I get another job.

P.P.S. Methrendomir, if you read this, I've just tried to register on the forums! Tongue

Hey there Thomas.

Its nice to have another Dutch speaking person in here....

Hope you will get a good job soon, good luck with that M8.

Nice intro to, we will speak in game.
[Image: Duro+NL.png]

hey thomas

Great to have you on board, really enjoyed Rping with you that night expecially the argueing with Garbo. It was priceless.
Im from the Netherlands to, Tilburg to be exact. If you see me online dont hesitate to join me, we can do some questing and exploring together.
(I allready found a great hidden spot with all kinds of rare things)

Application accepted!  I do wish you good luck with finding a job, it would be such a shame to lose you in a couple of day's time :-(  Meanwhile, enjoy.

Nice application - Welcome Arlon.