Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Application for Mathiaus

1. NAME
Not too suprisingly, my name is Matt, or Math works equally as well.

2. AGE
Twentyeight, though I like to think of it in the same way as my childhood hero in that it's not the years, it's the milage that counts. (10 points if you can name who I'm refering to!)

3. COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE
England, nearish Manchester.

4. TIMEZONE
GMT +0

5. PREVIOUS MMORPG EXPERIENCE 
LOTRO was my first, and after trying a few others breifly, like EVE, Wacraft and AOC, I still love Lotro best.

6. PREVIOUS LOTRO EXPERIENCE
Been playing since Juneish last year, last time i looked in the time in the '/timeplayed' bit, I'd apparently spent just over two and a half months in game; oh dear.

7. HAVE YOU BEEN A MEMBER OF OTHER KINSHIPS?
Was in Radix Lecti from when it was a wee small kin to right up until it became a gigantic squabling mess, hence my move to Tarkano's kin Angmar's Bane. But now looking to follow in Tark's footsteps and join a kin of lovely people. 

8. YOUR MAIN CHARACTER 
Mathiaus, Elf,  lvl 50 Champ, Armourer. Full DragonScale set  :vh1:

9. YOUR ALTS, IF ANY 
Mathimli, Minst, lvl 19
Mathie, Burg, lvl 16

10. HOW DID YOU HEAR ABOUT TWA?
Recently was asked by Tark to help out on a CD run with a group from TWA, and I thought what a nice bunch you all seem, just the sort of people I'd like to be in a kin with. Smile

11. DO YOU KNOW ANY CURRENT TWA MEMBERS?
The Tark Family, recognise a few names like Thornonthor, Zara, Hakkin as people I've quested with in the past, and the group I quested with in CD recently although I must apologise for forgetting their names...5 second memory I'm afraid.

12. ABOUT YOURSELF
Im a fairly relaxed easy going chap and I think that comes through in the way i play the game. Packed in my career as a network engineer two years ago to go to uni in my old age. I now work as a part time freelance designer, I usually do work like corporate logos and tags, letterheading and all that rubbish, which pays my way through uni. But it's all good fun and much more exciting than sitting in server rooms being bored. To be honest, i never intended to play a MMORPG, I bought the game when it came out because Ive always been a bit of a Tolkien nut and then got addicted to it.

13. ABOUT YOUR MAIN
Tracing a lineage back to the wandering Nandor, the first to settle in the woodlands between Ered Luin and the Mountains of Mist, Mathiaus longed to see the age of Denethor, son of Lenwe renewed; when his people had no need of weapons of steel.  But with the passage of time and the first shadow of Sauron ever growing, Mathiaus realised that the defence and salvation of his people lay not in the hope of intervention by the Valar, but in fighting the shadow with their own fire, light against darkness; violence with violence. And so Mathiaus forsook the traditional way of the hunter his wood realm people, and devoted his life to the study of fighting, perfering the sword at all times with which to hew his foes. Casting his own shadow and fear into the hearts of his enemies on the battlefield, the Nolder gave him the name Mathiaus Evernight, a darkness ever blacker than that of the enemy.

Mathiaus reappears in records at the second coming of Sauron. Taken under the wing of Foxmir, Tarkano and Devillian, they coached Mathiaus away from the black rage in his heart and taught him the ways of kindness and generosity and in time bestowed upon him the legendary Dragonscale armour, symbolic of the new light that burned within him. Instead of a black plauge, Mathiaus swept through the ranks of the enemy as a fire driven forward by fierce winds through a forest, the very sight of the mythical red armour upon the battlefield being enough to sink hearts and turn their owners to flight. And so a new name was bestowed upon him, Mathiaus Caranthol, the 'redhelm' in the common speech. The sight of the lobster helm at the head of battle lightening the hearts of allies and marking Mathiaus as a prime target in the Ettenmores...

14. I AM INTERESTED IN RAIDING
Quite a bit, not for rewards, but just because they're fun.

15. I AM INTERESTED IN FELLOWSHIP QUESTS
Same answer as above

16. I AM INTERESTED IN RP & RP EVENTS
I must admit I do like a bit of light RP now and again, but I'm by no means a regular at the 'Poney.

Greetings Mathiaus, I am the current champion elder and will look out for you in-game to have a chat as soon as we can catch up
IF I could just get started, I would be unstoppable !!

Yay The Lobster made it  ;D

Good luck on your application m8 im sure as you always have will become a great asset and friend to many.... besides when the going gets tough... its still always hysterical to see the LOBSTER get going  :geek:

Goodluck with your aplication mate  Wink
Brentius the brave dwarf
Spuky the crazy hobit

excellent, look forward to speaking with you soon Siosmos, and thanks for the moral support Tark, may the lobster be with you.

Can't believe I've spelt 'Pony' wrong.

I do apologise.

welcome Mathiaus , I'm a fellow lvl 50 champ , good to see more champ class players are joining , see you in-game!
:wave1:
[Image: signatureFIN.gif]

(04 Sep, 08, 17:37)Finmir link Wrote: welcome Mathiaus , I'm a fellow lvl 50 champ , good to see more champ class players are joining , see you in-game!
:wave1:

The same for me Mathiaus, welcome to the forums and I look forward to mincing with you in game!! Wink

Good luck with your application, Mathiaus, and thank you for using the template! Smile

funny you mention me Math because I am sure I remember your name from somewhere