Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Recruitment

(This post was last modified: 17 Jun, 18, 14:51 by Eresmir.)

Recruitment Status

Beorning Open
Burglar Open
Captain Open
Champion Open
Guardian Open
Hunter Open
Lore-master Open
Minstrel Open
Rune-keeper Open
Warden Open

When recruitment is Closed for classes, applications will be on hold until recruitment opens. Exceptions are possible for friends & family of current members.
When recruitment is Restricted for classes, feel free to apply, but applications have a good chance to be put on hold (usually related to the amount of maximum level characters of the class).

Recruitment Information
The Western Alliance is a mixed race kinship for mature-minded players who want to explore all aspects of LOTRO, from raiding to role-playing special events in the company of sympathetic, like-minded and helpful friends. We are an English-language kinship, but our membership is international, drawn from as far afield as the USA and the Ukraine.

If you would like to apply for membership, please follow these simple steps:

1. Check the "Recruitment Status" above to see whether we are currently recruiting your class or not. If recruitment in your class is closed at present, it may still be worth posting an application, since the situation may change in the near future. The main prerequisite is that your main character (see below) has reached at least level 30, but exceptions can be made.

2. If you have more than one characters in the game, it is important that you should designate one of them as your "main". This is the one that will primarily represent you in the kinship. Once you are a full member, you may also enroll alternate characters ("alts"). This restriction is for two reasons, one to save the officers a bit of work but mostly because it is a lot easier to learn to know you.

3. Post your application by starting a new thread in the Recruitment Board. You can copy and use the (optional) Application Template, below, as a guide to the kind of input we are looking for. To do this you will need to register (we used to get spam bots posting here before we made registration a requirement!). The forum administrators would also be very very appreciative if you use your main character's in-game name as your username and nickname, as it makes forum administration that little bit easier. (Though if you must be awkward, you must I suppose.)

4. Once you have posted on this forum, one of our officers will contact you within one or two days in-game and have a chat with you (if you aren't contacted within 48 hours, feel free to send a tell to any officer).

5. If you are accepted, you will join the kinship with the rank of non-voting initiate and given limited access to the forum boards. If, during the next couple of weeks, it becomes clear that we suit each other, you will be offered full membership in the kinship. During this period you will of course be able to participate in all activities with the single exception of voting in elections, should these take place. You are encouraged to do so as much as possible in order to get to know your fellow-members.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact one of our Officers.

Note from the Website Officer: To make my life a little bit easier, please keep your character list up-to-date and if you get accepted or promoted, check that your forum access gets updated, I wouldn't want to forget an initiate or new member!

APPLICATION TEMPLATE

1. NAME (optional)

2. AGE
(If you prefer, indicate which range you fall into: Under 16 / 18-21 / 21-30 / Over 30)

3. COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE

4. TIMEZONE

5. PREVIOUS MMORPG EXPERIENCE 
(i.e., other online games played or currently playing)

6. PREVIOUS LOTRO EXPERIENCE
(i.e., how long have you been playing, etc.)

7. HAVE YOU BEEN A MEMBER OF OTHER KINSHIPS?
(if so, which, and why you left them)

8. YOUR MAIN CHARACTER
(name, class, level, some idea of equipment)

9. YOUR ALTS, IF ANY
(as for main character)

10. HOW DID YOU HEAR ABOUT TWA?

11. DO YOU KNOW ANY CURRENT TWA MEMBERS?

12. ABOUT YOURSELF
(if you want to, please tell something about yourself in real life)

13. ABOUT YOUR MAIN
(even if you are not into role-playing, try to give a back story about your main character)

14. I AM INTERESTED IN RAIDING
A LOT / SOMEWHAT / NOT AT ALL

15. I AM INTERESTED IN FELLOWSHIP QUESTS

16. I AM INTERESTED IN RP & RP EVENTS

(Please note that we do not require candidates to necessarily have an interest in any of these activities; this is just so that we can form some idea of your interests)