Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Garbo Took, Hobbit of the Shire

Garbo Took, son of Berbo the Fat, originates from Tuckborough, east of Michael Delving.

As a young Hobbit, he enjoyed strolling through the woods in Green Hill Country and ocassionally Underhill with his friends. His mother, Adenia Bolger, was one of the most respectable Hobbits in the Four Farthings, originating from Budgeford with her wealthy family.  His father; Berbo Took was the son of Grandaddy Took the Frog-Slayer.

Grandaddy Took (whose actual name was Birdo Took II) was renown for slaying a few hundred frogs in his lifetime, respectively earning the name Frog-Slayer. Being one of the only Hobbits of his generation to venture outside of the Shire, he came back with remarkable stories of his achievements. One claims he saw a Dragon with his very eyes, and he dunned it 'Pyfton', this tale is criticized by many others, arguing that Birdo II was either a lier, or mistook his 'New Dragon' for Smaug.

Garbo Took was unaware of the stirring evil in Angmar and Mordor, until he was 35, when he overheard a conversation between members of The Western Alliance about the Black Riders. Open asking them about it, he was kept from the truth.

Eventually, he joined the Western Alliance after finding out the Shire could be in danger, and is ready to serve good at any costs, if only to defend the old Hobbit way of life.

-------------------------------------------------------

Hey,

I joined on Friday, after speaking with Methrendomir, Annawyn and a few others. I'm glad to join, and I hope I see you on the server!

Application accepted!  You may join as an initiate for a period of two weeks, and then, hopefully we can accept you as a full member.  Welcome to the Alliance!