Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Joint - Application

Dear Members of The Western Alliance,

After a week of very enjoyable play with my friends in LOTRO we have decided to start a search for a kinship with like minded players. I can tell you a bit about me but I will let my friends speak for themselves.

In real life I?m 25 years old with a full time job working in Spain as a real estate agent selling houses and villas in the Costa Blanca. I?m English but have lived in Spain for a total of 7 years+. Me and my friends met on SWG well over a year ago and have had many enjoyable times and now we wish to do the same in LOTRO. Unfortunately there are only a couple of us that have come here from our guild of 50+ in SWG yet others may follow in time. I?m an active player and play most days depending on work and other commitments.

Personally I have played WoW and enjoyed it but it didn?t quite have the staying factor like SWG and LOTRO has for me. This is due mainly to the lore and my knowledge of it even as small as it is. It?s great when you see a world come to life and you end up with hundreds of screenshots.

As for in game we wish to progress in PvE as well as enjoy the RP element and PvP. We are light/casual RPers and respect the server rules and try to attend organised events. Our knowledge of the game is limited as our highest character is lvl18 and there is so much more to do and see but whatever we can do to help we will. As a guild in SWG we were labelled as a helper guild and constantly did our best to help everyone in the guild with whatever their issues were and wish to bring this attitude with us and hope to also find it here.

I havent created my bio yet for my character and i seem to develop it in game as i go. If you wish to contact me in game (IC or OOC) for a chat I will be more than happy to spend the time with you and hope to fight beside fellow adventures like yourselves.

Malbordir of Gondor

Malbordir,

Thanks very much indeed for your application.  It is really great to hear you are considering us for your kinship here.  I'll look out for you online and hope to have a good chat soon!

Meth.

welcome, for a second there i thought your name was joint Tongue im sure the name Nazi;s would have gotten to that soon haha.
Well all be happy to have you guys and help you along and pass on our limited knowledge along, i think we are all still learning about LotrO.

Aye welcome my friend.

I am looking forward to meet you and youre friends.
[Image: Duro+NL.png]

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I hope to speak to you in game but i also have to speak to my friends about thier kinship search and see if we all agree on whom to join.

@ Thoronthor hehe, im not that bad at RP, i wonder how long till the naming police would have taken to get me Smile I personaly dont have other players name on display, only the option for fellowed and kinships. If i want to know your name i will ask or click on you. Anywho back to work Sad

BTW what are your numbers and lvls? just some info that would help me when talking with my friends

There are just over 20 of us so far.  Our levels are a complete range from under 10 right up to about 30 I think.  A lot of us have full time jobs and/or families so our progress may not be as fast as some more hardcore guilds, but we have fun when we're about and there's usually a good few people online in any given evening.

Our numbers are steadily increasing (as you can see by the recent posts on the recruitment board).  Eventually I'd like to have a good 40 or 50 members, so that when there are loads of us at level 50 we can get together to do some 24-man raid instances.  I try to be selective in recruiting good people rather than randoms.  From this forum it looks like every application has been a success, which is indeed true, but there are many people whom we don't direct to this forum after meeting in-game and never get to apply :-)

Out of interest, how did you hear of us?  Did you meet some of us, see us around, or come via the Codemasters forum?

Sounds good. I like the feeling of a growing kinship and the fact your all in the same situation as me in RL, full time work, families etc.. I do aim to be able to do the end game content but enjoy alot of the leveling content along with crafting and pvmp. I found your site from the codemasters forum as its the best place to look. I dont like to spam "looking for Kinship" in chat as the better organised ones normaly have set up a small website and made themselves known to the server community.

Hail and Well met to everyone in the Western Alliance

My name is Barathuil and i'm part of Mal's Motley Co  Smile

I live in the UK, am 30 years old and work as an Electrical Engineer.

Been playing SWG for the last 2 years and had a short stint on City of Villains/Heroes.

Unfortunately i didnt get into Beta for LOTRO but i did pick up the early access package and have since upgraded to the founders program, thereby avoiding that nasty monthly subscription  8)
Would like to say a big thankyou to you all for accepting us to your kinship and hope that we prove ourselves to be valuable allies in the coming wars against the Shadow.

Looking forward to meeting you all in the Prancing Pony for a flagon of ale and a pipe of Longbottom leaf

Barathuil of Gondor

Welcome guys Smile

Welcome guys  Wink cant say much then that i have had loads of fun in this Kinship  Smile